Clear The Air News Tobacco Blog Rotating Header Image

E-cig explodes in teen’s face

A 16-year-old boy from Alberta, Canada suffered serious burns to his face, when he says the electronic cigarette he was using exploded. reports that Ty Green also suffered broken teeth in the incident.

He says he was using it in his car and had it just inches from his face when it exploded.

His father told Canadian newspapers that if Ty hadn’t been wearing glasses at the time that he possibly could have lost his eyes.

He said his son was in so much pain that he wanted to die.

The e-cigarette in question was a Wotofo Phantom.

An e-cigarette trade group made a statement after the incident saying that e-cigarettes do not combust and that they should be regarded the same as any other rechargable, battery-powered device.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>