Clear The Air News Tobacco Blog Rotating Header Image

Florida woman’s e-cig explodes, causes fire in car

A Florida woman is recovering Saturday after an e-cigarette exploded and caused her car to go up in flames.

Cassandra Koziol said she was sitting in her car and pushed the button on her e-cig to get a puff of smoke. That when it exploded and set the car on fire.

“I felt an impact in my face,” Koziol said. “I let go and I saw sparks fly off into the passenger side.”

Koziol has severe burns and lost two teeth as a result of the fire.

She said she never had any problems with e-cigarettes until Friday night and still doesn’t know what caused it to explode

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>