Clear The Air News Tobacco Blog Rotating Header Image

2nd Florida man burned by E-cig blast

(WBBH) – A Cape Coral, Florida man is recovering from third degree burns after an e-cigarette exploded in his pocket.

It’s the second incident of its kind in recent days.

Earlier this week, a Naples man suffered burns to his face and lungs when his e-cigarette exploded.

“The gentleman who witnessed it said it sounded like three M-80s went off in my pocket,” Randall Cales says.

Cales said when he heard and felt the burning sensation he didn’t realize it was the e-cigarette in his pocket that had exploded.

“I actually thought I was getting shot because of the burn and the sound,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>